Monday, March 7, 2011

A long time coming

Oh it has been a long time coming, this post.

So much has happened in the last few months that I have barely had time to catch my breath. And I'm afraid, for now, that I'm going to have to put a halt on my writing project with Jack, although I will hopefully come back to it in future.

The short version is that I left my full time job to become a freelance writer. And it has been whirlwind! I have been incredibly lucky to have been flat out with work from day one. I have written teachers notes, articles for publishers websites & co-written a series of junior readers with the lovely Lucy. Said series is being looked over by some wonderful people as we speak and I'm very excited to get their feedback.

I have also been recreating A Thousand Words - the festival that I founded in 2009 with the support and backing of The Little Bookroom. You can check out more on that over at www.athousandwordsfestival.com.au, but it is very exciting. I have a new group of wonderful board members who have dropped everything to help make the second year of this event even bigger and better than the first. We also have a mailing list, a monthly newsletter filled with news, reviews and industry info, and a fantastic group of speakers to see us through our TWO DAY 2011 event!! That's right, two days! I'm giddy.

And of course reading, reading, reading. Which is no good if I don't bother uploading any book thoughts for you to read. So from now on, I promise a review or book thought every fortnight. And if that's not enough, then sign up to the A Thousand Words mailing list, because there will be plenty more in there!

Ciao for now - review coming on Ally Condie's "Matched", Lauren Oliver's "Delerium" and my thoughts on the not so perfect dystopia.

No comments:

Post a Comment